Philip Ridley

21 ocen pracy reżysera
powrót do forum osoby Philip Ridley

Ridley urodził się w East End w Londynie, gdzie nadal mieszka i pracuje. He studied painting at St. Studiował malarstwo w St Martin's School of Art and his work has been exhibited throughout Europe and Japan . Martin's School of Art , a jego prace były wystawiane w całej Europie i Japonii . He started as both a performance artist and the creator of a long sequence of charcoal drawings called The Epic Fail of Oracle Foster . [ 2 ] One drawing from this sequence, " Corvus Cum ", portraying a man ejaculating a black bird, was exhibited at the ICA in London while Ridley was still a student and – with calls for it to be displayed behind a curtain – became a cause célèbre . [ 3 ] Ridley also started his own theatre group as a student, acting in many of the productions, and made several short art films, including Visiting Mr Beak which starred the veteran actor Guy Rolfe . Zaczął zarówno jako performer i twórca długiej sekwencji rysunki węglem Epic Fail nazwie Oracle Fostera. [2] Jednym z wykorzystaniem tej sekwencji, "Corvus Cum", przedstawiająca człowieka wytryskiem czarny ptak, był wystawiany na ICA w Londynie, a Ridley był jeszcze studentem i - z apeluje o to, który będzie wyświetlany za zasłoną - stał się przyczyną celebre . [3] Ridley również założył własną grupę teatralną, jako student, działając w wielu produkcjach, a dokonał kilku krótkich filmów sztuki, w tym wizyty pana Beak które ulubionych weteran aktor Guy Rolfe . His short film for Channel 4, The Universe of Dermot Finn , was officially selected for the Cannes Film Festival, where it was a critical success and went on to receive theatrical distribution. [ 4 ] Jego krótkometrażowy film dla Channel 4, Wszechświat Dermot Finn, został oficjalnie wybrany na Festiwalu Filmowym w Cannes, gdzie odniósł znaczący sukces i udał się do otrzymywania dystrybucji kinowej. [4]

Ridley has written three books for adults, Crocodilia , In the Eyes of Mr. Fury , and Flamingoes in Orbit ; the screenplay for The Krays [ 5 ] feature film; five adult stage plays: The Pitchfork Disney , the multi-award-winning The Fastest Clock in the Universe , Ghost from a Perfect Place , Vincent River , the controversial Mercury Fur , Leaves of Glass and Piranha Heights : plus a further five plays for young people: Karamazoo , Fairytaleheart , Moonfleece , Sparkleshark and Brokenville . [ 6 ] . Moonfleece is due for a professional world premiere in March-April 2010, opening at Rich Mix in Bethnal Green (where Ridley was born) for the 2010 East Festival before touring the UK. [ 7 ] Ridley jest autorem trzech książek dla dorosłych, Krokodyle , W oczach Fury Pan i flamingów na orbicie; scenariusza do Krays [5], film fabularny, pięć dorosłych sztuk teatralnych: Pitchfork Disney , wielu nagradzanych Zegar najszybszy we Wszechświecie, z Ghost Perfect Place , Vincent River , kontrowersyjnego Mercury Fur , Leaves of Glass i Piranha Heights : plus kolejne pięć gra dla młodzieży: Karamazoo , Fairytaleheart , Moonfleece , Sparkleshark i Brokenville . [6] . Moonfleece ma profesjonalnego światową premierę w marcu i kwietniu 2010 r., otwarcie na Rich Mix w Bethnal Green (gdzie urodził się Ridley) na rok 2010 East Festival przed tournee po Wielkiej Brytanii. [7]

He has also directed two feature films from his own screenplays: The Reflecting Skin – winner of 11 international awards – and The Passion of Darkly Noon [ 8 ] (winner of the Best Director Prize at the Porto Film Festival ) and one short film, The Universe of Dermot Finn . [ 9 ] Był także wyreżyserował dwa filmy fabularne z jego własnych scenariuszy: Refleksja nad Skin - zdobywca 11 międzynarodowych nagród - i Passion of Darkly Noon [8] (zdobywca nagrody dla najlepszego reżysera na Festiwalu Filmowym w Porto ) i jeden film krótkometrażowy, Dermot wszechświata Finn. [9]

His children's books include Scribbleboy (shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal ), Kasper in the Glitter (nominated for the Whitbread Prize ), Mighty Fizz Chilla (shortlisted for the Blue Peter Book of the Year Award), ZinderZunder , Vinegar Street , and Krindlekrax (winner of both the Smarties Prize and WH Smith's Mind-Boggling Books Award, the stage play of which – adapted by Ridley himself – premiered at the Birmingham Repertory Theatre in the summer of 2002. His children's novel Zip's Apollo was published in 2005. [ 10 ] Jego książek dla dzieci to Scribbleboy (nominowana do Carnegie Medal ), Kasper w Glitter (nominowana do Whitbread Prize ), Mighty Fizz Chilla (nominowana do Blue Peter Book of the Year Award), ZinderZunder , Ocet Street i Krindlekrax (zwycięzca zarówno Smarties Nagrody i WH Smith zadziwiające Books Award, sztuki teatralnej w tym: - dostosowane Ridley się - miał premierę w Birmingham Repertory Theatre w lecie 2002 roku. powieści Zip to jego dzieci Apollo został opublikowany w 2005 roku. [10]

He is also a photographer — he created the cover images for Ridley: Plays 1 and Ridley: Plays 2 , (published by Methuen) and regularly exhibits portraits of friends and images of East London, the two main themes of his photographic output – and a poet (his work has appeared in several collections). Jest także fotograf - stworzył okładek dla Ridley: Odtwarza 1 i Ridley: Odtwarza 2, (opublikowane przez Methuen) i regularnie wystawia portrety znajomych i wizerunki East London, dwa główne tematy jego produkcji fotograficznej - i poeta (jego prace pojawiły się w kilku kolekcjach). He co-wrote, with Nick Bicat , two songs that appeared in his film The Passion of Darkly Noon , ("Who Will Love Me Now?", sung by PJ Harvey - later covered by Sunscream - and "Look What You've Done" sung by Gavin Friday ). Był współautorem, z Nick Bicat , dwie piosenki, które pojawiły się w filmie The Passion of Darkly Noon ("Who Will Love Me Now?", śpiewane przez PJ Harvey - później objęte Sunscream - i "Look What You've Done "śpiewane przez Gavin Friday ). Ridley has won both the Evening Standard ' s Most Promising Newcomer to British Film and Most Promising Playwright Awards. Ridley zdobył zarówno Evening Standard to najbardziej obiecujący debiut na British Film i najbardziej obiecujący dramaturg Awards. He is the only person ever to receive both prizes. [ 11 ] On jest jedyną osobą, która otrzyma zarówno nagrody. [11]

Ridley's third film as writer-director, Heartless , premiered at the Frightfest horror film festival in London in August 2009. [ 12 ] The film stars Jim Sturgess , Clemence Poesy , Noel Clarke , Eddie Marsan , Luke Treadaway and Timothy Spall , and is due for UK release in May 2010. [ 13 ] It will be the first mainstream British film to be released across all platforms (theatrical, DVD, BluRay, download) at the same time [ 14 ] . Trzeci film Ridleya jako scenarzysta i reżyser, Heartless , miał swoją premierę na festiwalu Frightfest horror w Londynie w sierpniu 2009. [12] W filmie Jim Sturgess , Clémence Poésy , Noel Clarke , Eddie Marsan , Luke Treadaway i Timothy Spall , i ma o dopuszczenie Wielkiej Brytanii w maju 2010 roku. [13] Będzie to pierwszy brytyjski film mainstream ma zostać wydany na wszystkich platformach (teatralne, DVD, BluRay, download) w tym samym czasie [14] . In addition to this, a new collection of his adult plays has just been published by Methuen (including Vincent River , Mercury Fur , Leaves Of Glass and Piranha Heights , with a new introduction by Ridley). Poza tym, nowy zbiór jego dorosłych odgrywa właśnie opublikowane przez Methuen (w tym Vincent River, Mercury Fur, Liście szkła i Piranha Heights, z nowym wstępem przez Ridley). An opera for teenagers titled Tarantula In Petrol Blue (with libretto by Ridley and music by Anna Meredith) was recently premiered by Aldeburgh Music. [ 15 ] Opera dla młodzieży pt Tarantula w benzynie Blue (z libretta i muzyki Ridley Anna Meredith) został niedawno miał swoją premierę w Aldeburgh Music. [15]

Pobierz aplikację Filmwebu!

Odkryj świat filmu w zasięgu Twojej ręki! Oglądaj, oceniaj i dziel się swoimi ulubionymi produkcjami z przyjaciółmi.
phones